Once again, Etihad is offering a substantial bonus when transferring hotel points into miles. Until April 30, 2022, you can get a 40% transfer bonus when converting points from various programs to Etihad Guest. Plus, you’ll also earn 40% bonus tier miles. For most travelers, the most relevant programs are Marriott Bonvoy and World of Hyatt.
This deal won’t be for everyone. But don’t blow off this deal just because you don’t plan to travel to (or through) the Middle East. That’s because there are plenty of Etihad Guest sweet spots that don’t touch the Middle East.
40% Etihad Transfer Bonus Promotion
For the month of April 2022, Etihad is giving a 40% bonus when transferring points from several hotel and bank programs. The banks participating in this promotion are located in the United Arab Emirates. So, it’s the hotel reward programs that you’re probably interested in: Marriott Bonvoy and World of Hyatt.
Until April 30, you will get a 40% bonus Etihad Guest miles when transferring points from your Marriott Bonvoy or World of Hyatt accounts.
- Marriott Bonvoy points typically transfer to Etihad Guest at a rate of 3 points to 1 mile — plus 5,000 bonus miles when you transfer 60,000 points. With this promotion, you’ll get 1,400 miles per 3,000 points transferred. If you transfer 60,000 Marriott points, you’ll get a total of 35,000 Etihad Guest miles.
- World of Hyatt points typically transfer to Etihad Guest at a rate of 5 points to 2 miles. With this promotion, you’ll get 2,800 miles per 5,000 points transferred.
If you’re in the Middle East or other relevant country, here are the other banks and programs you can transfer from and get the 40% bonus miles:
- Le Club Accor Hotels
- Shangri La
- HSBC UK
- Capital One
- Hyundai Card
- Hana Bank
- SC Brunei
- SC Singapore
- Ping An
Etihad Transfer Bonus Terms and Conditions
- The transfer can’t be reversed once initiated.
- Ensure you use your Etihad Guest membership number when making the transfer.
- Point transfers must be completed before midnight on April 30, 2022.
- Your 40% bonus Etihad Guest miles will be posted to your account “within 10 working days of the end date of the promotion.”
- Not valid with any other offer.
40% Bonus Tier Miles Promotion
In addition to 40% bonus miles, members can earn 40% bonus tier points for transferring points to their Etihad during April 2022. Your account must receive a minimum of 10,000 miles to qualify for this promotion. The transfer must be made in a single transaction.
You can earn a maximum of 20,000 tier miles through this promotion. That will still leave you shy of the 25,000 elite miles required for Etihad Guest Silver status.
How to Use Etihad Guest Miles
There are some really good deals you can get with your Etihad Guest miles. You can use your miles with dozens of Etihad’s partners.
For instance, you can transfer 80,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to get just over 44,000 Etihad Guest miles. That’s enough to fly business class between the US and Africa on Royal Air Maroc — or between the US and Europe in Brussels business class.
Or you can transfer 101,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to get just over 54,00 Etihad Guest miles. That’s enough miles to fly ANA business class on a flight up to 5,000 flight miles — such as from Seattle to Tokyo.
This promotion is only valuable for travelers that know how to take advantage of the Etihad Guest program. If you’re one of them, you’ll need to decide whether your points are more valuable in your Marriott Bonvoy or bank program account — or used through Etihad Guest. Either way, we are happy to see the return of this transfer bonus.