Wyndham Rewards is currently offering double miles when transferring to United MileagePlus before July 31, 2022. After factoring in the 100% transfer bonus, you can get 1 United MileagePlus mile per 2.5 Wyndham Rewards points transferred — instead of the usual 5:1 transfer ratio.
This isn’t the greatest promotion, but some people might want to take advantage if they are in need of United MileagePlus miles this month.
Wyndham-United Transfer Bonus Promotion
- Transfer bonus available now through July 31, 2022.
- This promotion is only available to members of both United MileagePlus and Wyndham Rewards.
- Get 1 United MileagePlus miles for every 2.5 Wyndham Rewards points transferred after the transfer bonus
- You can transfer Wyndham Rewards points to United MileagePlus in the following amounts:
- 6,000 Wyndham Rewards points for 2,400 United MileagePlus miles
- 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for 6,400 United MileagePlus miles
- 30,000 Wyndham Rewards points for 12,000 United MileagePlus miles
- Access this promotion on the Wyndham website
Terms and Conditions
- Once the miles transfer request is initiated, it cannot be reversed.
- Transferred miles do not count toward Premier status.
- Allow 6-8 weeks after transferring the points to post to your United MileagePlus account.
- Wyndham Rewards points can only be transferred to United MileagePlus miles in amounts of 6,000, 16,000, or 30,000, and must be transferred in a single transaction.
Doing the Math on this Promotion
In recent AwardWallet user redemptions, Wyndham Rewards points are typically valued at around 1.18 cents per point. But, when used at Wyndham sweet spots, you can get 2 to 3 cents in value per point. Meanwhile, United MileagePlus miles are typically valued around 1.5 cents per mile. However, AwardWallet users have averaged a whopping 2.65 cents per mile from recent redemptions.
So, whether or not it makes sense to transfer points from Wyndham to United is going to depend on how you use your Wyndham points and United miles.
If you need United miles, remember that you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to United MileagePlus at a 1:1 ratio. And there’s currently an excellent 60,000 Ultimate Reward point sign-up bonus on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
If you know how to use Wyndham points, this isn’t the best use of your points. Your Wyndham Rewards points are probably best redeemed for rooms and perks with Wyndham hotels. However, this promotion could be good if you need to top off your United MileagePlus miles for a redemption — or to clear out unused Wyndham points.