Aeroplan is offering a promotion for existing elite status members to extend their status through 2023 when earning 30,000 points on co-branded credit cards before November 30, 2022. This promotion is valid for all elite status tiers.
Aeroplan Elite Status Through 2023 Promotion
Air Canada currently has a promotion running for all Aeroplan credit cardholders to extend existing elite status for 2022 through the end of 2023 after earning 30,000 points on any co-branded credit card. This promotion counts all spending since January 1, 2022, and runs until November 30, 2022. No registration is necessary. And yes, all points earned through credit card spending since the beginning of the year already count.
If you hold more than one Aeroplan co-branded credit card, your bonus points across all your credit cards will count toward the 30,000 required points for this promotion. Spending by secondary cardholders will also count towards the promotion. However, only the primary cardholder can have their elite status extended through to December 31, 2023.
Be aware that points are usually posted to your account at the end of the billing cycle. If points needed to reach 30,000 are posted after November 30, they will not count toward the promotion.
Which status levels are eligible?
All elite status levels can be extended through 2023 with this promotion — including Aeroplan 25K, 35K, 50K, 75K, and Super Elite Status. There is no change in the 30,000 required points to extend the status.
Terms and Conditions
- The following purchases do not qualify as eligible purchases for the offer: cash advances, balance transfers, convenience cheques, fees, interest, and payments
- Refunds, rebates, or credits on the account will cancel this offer if the minimum points are not earned over the offer period.
- It will take up to 8 weeks for the status extension to be processed. Thus, members who don’t reach the required points until November could see their status temporarily halted in January 2023 until the extension is processed.
- Secondary cardholders are not eligible to maintain their elite status.
Not an existing cardholder?
Air Canada recently sent out emails to existing Aeroplan elite status holders promoting this offer. In that email, Aeroplan confirms that elite status holders that aren’t already cardholders will still be eligible for this offer if they sign up for an Aeroplan credit card.
However, Aeroplan confirmed that the welcome bonus is excluded from the 30,000-point earning requirement. Here’s a list of some of the Aeroplan credit cards you could use for this promotion:
U.S. Aeroplan card
- Aeroplan® Credit Card
Canadian Aeroplan cards
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa Platinum
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege Card
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa Business
- American Express® Aeroplan® Reserve Card
- American Express® Aeroplan® Card
- American Express® Aeroplan® Business Reserve Card
- American Express® Aeroplan® Corporate Credit Card
- American Express® Aeroplan® Corporate Reserve Card
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Credit Card
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Card
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege Card
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Business Credit Card
We’re seeing more and more rewards programs offering elite status level extensions in more ways than direct participation in the program. This promotion is a great way for Aeroplan to offer an elite status extension to travelers for whom travel isn’t quite back to normal.
For Aeroplan members who have an elite status for 2022 who wish to extend it through 2023 but don’t have the required Status Qualifying Miles (SQM), Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), or Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD) in 2022 to do so, this is a great alternative. Just realize you need an existing elite status level to extend through 2023 for this promotion.