For the month of June 2022, United MileagePlus is offering members 5 United miles per dollar spent when they donate to select LGBTQIA+ charities using eligible United credit cards. Here’s what you need to know about this promotion.
United Miles when Donating to Selected Charities Promotion
This promotion is in honor of June getting recognized as Pride Month. For the rest of the month, MileagePlus members can get 5 United miles (instead of 1 or 1.5) for every dollar they donate using a United co-branded credit card to the following charities:
- The Trevor Project — the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning young people.
- The Human Rights Campaign — envisions a world where LGBTQ+ people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work, and in every community.
- StartOut’s — accelerating the growth of the LGBTQ+ community to drive its economic empowerment, building a world where every LGBTQ+ entrepreneur has equal access to lead, succeed, and shape the workforce of the future.
The following United co-branded credit cards are available to use with this promotion.
- United Gateway℠ Card
- United℠ Explorer Card
- United Quest℠ Card
- United Club℠ Infinite Card
- United℠ Business Card
- United Club℠ Business Card
Simply click on this link to make a donation.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is limited to 5,000 United miles per credit card. That’s $1,000 of donations per credit card.
- No registration is required for this promotion.
- United miles will be credited to your account within 8 weeks of making your donation.
In recent AwardWallet user redemptions, United miles provided 2.65 cents in value. So getting $132.50 in miles for every $1,000 you donate to LGBTQIA+ charities isn’t too bad.
With flights getting canceled as the travel industry reaches max capacity, airlines and hotels are offering alternative methods of earning points. Don’t forget to collect your 3,000 United bonus miles when signing up for MileagePlus Dining.