Marriott Homes & Villas recently launched a new promotion to give members double points on properties booked before July 29, 2022. Stays must be 3 or more days and completed before January 31, 2023.
This is the latest in a string of promotions that Marriott has offered for Marriott Homes & Villas properties. Let’s see how this summer’s promotion stacks up — and how some members can earn up to 19.75 Bonvoy points per dollar spent.
Marriott Homes & Villas Double Points Promotion
This promotion doesn’t require any registration. Simply book a 3-night stay at participating Marriott Homes & Villas before July 29, 2022, to earn double base points on your stay. Your stay must be completed before January 31, 2023.
In last year’s promotion, Marriott Bonvoy cardholders could earn up to 18.75 points when booking Marriott Homes & Villas (10 points on their Marriott co-branded card + 5 base points plus up to 75% bonus points through elite status).
This time, members get double base points on bookings. That means 10 base points instead of 5. Elite members will get up to a 75% elite bonus on the base earnings. Cardholders can get up to 6 points on the credit card charge depending on which co-branded card you have.
Maximizing this Marriott Homes & Villas Promotion
Marriott Bonvoy members could get up to 19.75 points per dollar spent by maximizing this promotion:
- 5 base points
- 5 bonus points with this promotion
- 3.75 elite bonus points if you have Titanium or Ambassador Elite status
- 6 points if you charge the purchase to a Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, or Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card.
Meanwhile, Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card cardholders would earn at least 13.5 points for every dollar spent on this promotion: 5 base points + 5 bonus points + at least 0.5 elite bonus (Silver Elite status is a benefit of the card) + 3 points for charging the purchase to the Bonvoy Bold.
Plus, Bonvoy elite members can receive additional points as Elite Welcome Gift. Gold Elite members will get 500 bonus points while Ambassador Elite, Titanium Elite, and Platinum Elites will get 1,000 bonus points at check-in.
Terms and Conditions
- Taxes, booking fees, cleaning fees, security deposits, and extra add-on services don’t qualify for points.
- Marriott Homes & Villas rentals booked through third-party online retailers are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- Marriott Participating Brand Residences may be featured on the HVMI Platform. However, they do not participate in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program or participate in this promotion.
- Award redemption stays where points are redeemed for a portion of — or the entire stay — are not eligible for the promotion.
- Points will automatically appear in the member’s account 3-6 weeks following the completion of their stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
Holidays bookings are reaching an all-time high. People want what they can’t have. And just like the prohibition, the travel ban from the past two years has made people crave a vacation more than ever. If you want to take advantage of this promotion, don’t wait too long or the selection of available properties will dwindle.
It’s interesting that last year, the promotion advertised 30,000 rentals available. This year, the promotion only states that rentals are located in 700+ destinations. But it doesn’t say how many are unbooked.
Whereas the last promotion favored lower-level cardholders, this promotion is a bit more spread out. Bonvoy Bold cardholders can earn just 13.5X points. On the other hand, Titanium and Ambassador Elite status, Marriott Boundless cardholders can earn 19.75 points per dollar spent.
Some members consider Marriott Homes & Villas to be overpriced. Don’t forget that Marriott doesn’t manage the homes, but works with third-party property management companies. This means not every home might be to the same standard, and some will be of better value than others.
Will you be taking advantage of this Marriott Homes & Villas promotion?